What I Planned To Do Today
- Go grocery shopping first thing in the morning, right after the kids leave for school.
- Exercise* (Vow to do this three times a week from now on.)
- Organize income tax records, utilizing a simple, yet detailed system of folders and colored post-it notes.
- Dust and vacuum the living room, taking extra care to remove all the pet hair from the couch cushions.
- Drop off the recycling. (Make a plan to drop it off every Friday from now on to avoid build up of junk on porch.)
- Empty the kitchen trash, and deodorize the can.
- Do the laundry – all the dirty clothes, plus sheets and curtains. (Promise to stay on top of it from now on.)
- Water the house plants. (Make mental note to remember to do this weekly from now on.)
- Organize my craft room. (Decide to put everything in its proper place from now on.)
- Start rewriting/editing my Nanowrimo novel manuscript. (Vow to work on this for at least one hour daily from now on.)
What I Really Did Today
- Words With Friends
- I started organizing the taxes, but I got distracted by a phone call after ten minutes. Talked on the phone for an hour.
- I lit a scented candle.
- I asked Brian to empty the trash can for me since he “already had shoes on.” While he did that, I checked Facebook.**
- I ran a load of clothes in the washer at 9 AM. Then I forgot about it for the rest of day.
- I WATERED THE PLANTS.
- I pulled out all my craft stuff and left it in piles on the floor. Then I checked in on Facebook**.
- I wrote a blog post made entirely of lists…and posted it on Facebook**.
*EXERCISE has been on my to-do list since 2006. I haven’t done it yet, but I keep moving it to the next day’s list. Hope springs eternal.)
** Follow BRIGHT TUESDAY ON FACEBOOK. I really keep on top of it.