A few months ago (back in January, I believe — I guess I got a bit distracted…) I was pleased to find that Amie who blogs at Collecting Conversations had nominated me for a Sunshine Award. Not long after that, I received a second nomination from Samantha at Grilled Cheese (& Other Things That Make My World Go Round). I would like to take a moment to share a little bit about each of them.
Amie is a journalist who publishes interviews and shares stories about her life as a “twenty-something” embarking on her career. She recently took a different job, and moved from a small town to a bigger city — I bet tales of her new adventures find their way to her blog!
Samantha is an army wife living in Boston. She is balancing writing her blog with marriage, school, and the business of life in general. Her recent post about the city of Boston’s perseverance and strength in this year following the bombing of the Boston Marathon was especially meaningful, and beautiful to read.
Now — on to the Award!
The rules for the Sunshine Award are simple:
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 5 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 6 other bloggers and link to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
So, without further fanfare, I offer you —
SOME RANDOM STUFF ABOUT ME
- I love music, but can’t carry a tune. This does not, however, stop me from belting out some impressively loud lyrics when driving around by myself with the radio turned up.
- I once had a very vivid dream that an alien ship landed in my front yard, and when I woke up I thought it really happened.
- When I am under stress, I obsessively count things.
- I think butterflies only look pretty when seen from a distance. When I get up close to them, all I can notice is how they have really yucky looking bodies.
- I have perfectionist tendencies that can side-track me for days fussing over silly trivialities — but then again, I’m not afraid to cut my losses and walk from a failed enterprise. For instance, I wasted hours time trying to think of a clever title for this list. As you can see, eventually, I gave up.
My Sunshine Award nominations are: Meg Writes Stuff, Baby Gates Down, From My Mind To Your Eyes, Not Quite Old, Stella Tarakson, and Leaf And Twig. I encourage you to check out these blogs — you might find a new favorite.